Message from the Principal (24/02/21)
In accordance with the Government’s announcement, we are absolutely delighted to welcome the children from Junior Infants to 2nd class back to St. Mary’s on Monday 2nd of March. We have missed being with the children and are absolutely looking forward to Monday. Hopefully, the rest of the children will be back on 15th March.
We have put all the recommendations in place to reopen safely and will work tirelessly to keep our school safe for children and staff.
In order to keep our children safe and keep school open, it is essential that we all work together.
- Please take your child’s temperature before school each morning and if they are unwell or displaying any of the COVID symptoms do not send your child to school.
- Please ensure that your children remember and use the prescribed coughing and sneezing etiquette and hand washing routines. We have sanitising stations at all entrances and exits and the children sanitise their hands regularly throughout the day.
- Please complete the Return to School form that the teachers have provided via Seesaw.
- Only children and staff are allowed inside the school gates. Please contact the school by phone, email or Seesaw if necessary.
- Please wear a face covering when dropping your children to school and waiting at the gate. We have been advised that the new variant of COVID is much more transmissible and we need to be vigilant at all times.
- Please ensure that we have your correct mobile number and email and please refer to the school website regularly.
- We have amended the school calendar to accommodate the Senior children’s return to school. We will post details on the website later.
- If your child is absent from school we require a written explanation.
Thank you for all your hard work and support while we were teaching remotely. We are so proud of the children’s engagement.
Please stay safe and we look forward to seeing the children on Monday.
Mrs. J. Travers-Hind.
We are delighted to welcome you to our school website.
St Mary’s Primary School is a co-educational national school from Junior Infants to 6th Class. It was established in 1998 when three schools in St Mary’s parish amalgamated. The characteristic spirit and Catholic ethos of our school are expressed in our Mission Statement.
St Mary’s Primary School is situated in the beautiful riverside town of Athlone, in county Westmeath and caters for pupils from a diverse community. The principles of inclusiveness, equality and respect for all are enshrined in our school’s policies. Currently we have about 400 pupils enrolled.